Resume’ of Gary G. Brook
Experienced configuration manager with significant achievements in developing new procedures and implementing state-of-the-art documentation control systems. Expertise in the change control process for both commercial and defense related industries in the areas of mechanical systems, electronics, and optical networking equipment. Ability to solve complex problems under tight time constraints while maintaining highest quality documentation standards through proven leadership and interpersonal skills.
Configuration Management Experience
· Co-chaired a team which Implemented document control system that provided easy access and change control to engineering documentation with minimal effect upon operations.
· Prepared easy to follow intranet-based instructional tutorials for use in training corporate employees in the proper use of the forms related to the configuration management systems.
· Served on an implementation team that successfully oversaw the migration of MRP data from a non-Y2K compliant system to an Oracle data base in a record two weeks time and provided continuing guidance on Oracle operation and data element maintenance.
· Redesigned change order forms for streamlining and electronic processing and approval.
· Created, tested and maintained electronic workflows for the preparation, routing, and approval of documents and changes thereto, including notifications to outsource manufacturers, Change Control Board members, and other key users of engineering data.
· Formulated, generated, tracked, charted, and posted metrics involving scope of engineering change throughput, amount of backlog of unreleased changes, and quality of engineering change orders and associated drawings and bills of materials.
· Prepared, coordinated and published policies, procedures, training materials, and tutorials related to all aspects of engineering documentation control and access.
· Supervised several departments, including standards and specifications group and all levels of configuration analysts.
· Organized and chaired several change control boards, bringing all engineering, manufacturing and other support representatives together for the review of change impacts.
Expert level skills in:
· All Microsoft PC based programs, including Word, Excel, Front Page, and Power Point
· Oracle administration and other bills of material generating enterprise systems
· Product Document Management (PDM) systems such as Agile CM, Novamanage, including creating and administering electronic document workflow functions.
Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
Lead Configuration Analyst
AAI Corporation Hunt Valley MD. 1981-1998
Senior Configuration Administrator
Howard County Public Schools
English Teacher and Team Leader
Master of Arts – English
Bachelor of Arts - English